Monday, June 20, 2011

Love & Truth Challenge Day 2: There's A Right And A Wrong Way To Love Somebody.

Question: Best love... What they meant/mean to you?

Answer: I met Joe 17 years ago. I was 26 and he was 23 and fresh out of college. Me and my friends were regulars at this night club and so was him and his friends. He asked me to dance one night and I said no. Joe was NOT my type. (it changes often...lol). He was 5 ft 11 and 300 lbs. My type of dude at the time was tall, slender and bald. He was persistant, so I finally said yes. Didnt know he was one of the best dancers at the club. Each time we went to the club, he was there and we would dance all night. This time, it was a slow jam. Red Light Special by TLC. Our eyes met and it was a WRAP! We exchanged phone numbers and we dated for 6 months, then our time together decreased. He was VERY goal oriented, with working and coaching football. I didnt like the fact that we werent spending alot of time together like we used to.

One night at the club the shit hit the fan. He was in some other girl's face. When I asked him about her, he said she was just a friend. I started asking other people around the club and it got back to him. We argued, he told me to go home and when I refused, I was shoved to the ground with my dress flying up. I was pissed and got up swinging. His cousin saved me from getting my ass beat. I left the club and keyed his brand new car on the way out. Police was called, but it was my word against his. After that, things were never the same. We would still see each other off and on, but it was just a sexual thing. He got married a couple of years ago, but we were still an item until I cut him off recently. He married her and dont even love her. I asked him one day why did he get married and he mention everything except for love. He never had any children.

He meant alot to me because he had respect for me in the beginning. He introduced me to his family and tried getting me to go to church with him, but I was on some other shit. We were young and had different things going on. He was focused on his career and I was still a party girl. I wasnt that clean with my house and that was one of our issues. He's not speaking to me right now, because I wouldnt have sex with him. Like he said, they talked about a future together. I dont think wifey would appreciate him seeking pleasure from another woman.

6 comments:

Reggie said...

Nice post.

LeeLee Aint Msbehavin' said...

Thank you

Thee_Kween said...

Damn...it's rough when you're not on the same page. Nice truth, Leelee.

LeeLee Aint Msbehavin' said...

Very ruff

As the Budda Flows said...

Dang Lee-Lee dude was bold wasnt he im glad you put the breaks on it. Hedoesnt get to travel to the no-no spot anymore

Flesh~b4~Soul said...

Oh my, I remember you speaking about him before, I remember the line, ( mentioned everything but loving her )

Very sad to see how the time past has put you both on the opposite paths again. Fate maybe? But rough to have to live in when you felt the respect and car right away.

I have to say, I love reading here tonight. Much peace