Friday, July 1, 2011

Love & Truth Challenge Day13: Do You Believe In Unconditional Love?

Do you believe in unconditional love?

Uhhhhhh.... Yeah!!!

See the pic of those two men right there? That right there is unconditional love. Raised them by myself. Can give me grief, gray hairs and headaches. But my love began when the doctor said youre pregnant! Aint that crazy? Dont know if theyre a boy or a girl or what they look like, but the second you find out the news, your motherly instinct and unconditional love kicks in. Even though your stomach will expand, feet will swell and your vaheena will look like all three world wars demolished your shit, you love them. Even when both of my sons were diagnosed with pervassive developmental dissorder (higher functioning on the autistic spectrum) my love for them never dimenished. I mean, its one thing to hook up with someone and fall in love, but you them for a reason. But your baby, no reason or limits for your love. My mom used to say when you have a baby, they lay in your arms and when they get older, they lay in your heart. I get that now.

I love GOD too! None of us hasnt seen him, but I feel him in my heart and He has had my back since I wad born! He has blessed me and my family and has continued to bless me through it all. Im not even saying through material things, but in my life period.

6 comments:

Reggie said...

Interesting post.

LeeLee I feel you, but I'm not sure that I believe in unconditional love. Now the first thing that I thought of when I heard the statement was of my daughter. I love her immensely, as I do my son.......but I'm not sure that it's unconditional.

That's something to think about but I believe that just about everything carries conditions.

When people talk about their love of God.....usually that carries conditions too. When most people are beset the way in which Job was in the Bible, people begin to question their loyalty to such a God.

Yeah of all people me right?!? Why am I going all biblical and whatnot?!? But it's true.

I just can't say that I believe in unconditional love.

LeeLee Aint Msbehavin' said...

Youre entitled to your opinion. As far as our children are concerned, we may have disagreements with them, we might not even like their ways if theyre disrespectful, but we will always love them.

Unconditional love fot God? That debate may go on for awhile.

Will B. Free said...

I believe in unconditional love but its limited to my faith and my children. Everything and everyone else seem unattainable. I'm a "glass half empty" thinking kind of person so I go into it knowing people will somehow let you down.

LeeLee Aint Msbehavin' said...

So far its been that way for me as well. When something good happens, I usually countdown to when ish will fail.

No Labels said...

I feel you on this. I have yet to have children, but I already know that I will have so much love for them when that time arrives...if it ever does for me.

Thee_Kween said...

Your family is beautiful sis...and I have noticed that a lot of you have said yes in concern to the kids, but no in concern to others. I see where you're all coming from.