Monday, July 11, 2011

Love & Truth Challenge Day 23: Happily Ever After?

Do you think love and marriage are synonymous?

Nope!!!

Me and my ex bitch just had a loooooooong discussion about this very topic and we both disagree.

He says it does go hand in hand because everybody wants to marry the person that they love and spend the rest of their lives together. This is the same nigga who married twice and cheated on both of them.

I dont want to get married! Ive always dreamed of my wedding with the beautiful dress, beautiful location and all eyes on me...

I just didnt want the husband.

People nowadays get married NOT for love, but because theyre lonely or because all of their friends are married or for money. My mom married twice while my dad married four times. Seeing how all their relationships ended, i'm cool on marriage. Its ruined for me! I dont even think I want to live with a dude.

There are some people who take the institution of marriage VERY seriously, while others go through the motions of reciting the vows and throwing that brass ring on their finger just for the hell of it!

If I was in a loving relationship and I was proposed to then I would get married. But since i'm still scorned from that last fiasco, i'm good!

6 comments:

As the Budda Flows said...

i hope you change your mind i feel ya my mom was married twice and things just didnt work...its not gonna turn out the same way for you sis

LeeLee Aint Msbehavin' said...

We will see

Icnonlybme said...

My parents married each other twice, divorced twice and now that they've experienced life and both are now in the ministry, I think they may do it again. They've got a whole new perspective on things though.

I have to admire them for persistently trying...

LeeLee Aint Msbehavin' said...

Good for them!

Niecee said...

Sis sometimes you have to kiss some frogs before you find your prince, don't make e'rything too personal it might bite ya in the butt lata... experience

LeeLee Aint Msbehavin' said...

Even the frog that I kissed showed out