Monday, July 4, 2011

Love & Truth Challenge Day 17: Weeeeee Stiiiiiiiiiiiiill Together.

Do you think young people can fall in love and it be true?

It depends on the people involved. Some think that theyre in love, but when adult problems arise, they cant handle it.

My mom got married at 17 and my dad was 21. She was very mature for her age, and when my dad started acting up, she took me and left. Dad was messing around with different women and my mom wasnt having it. They were married for 20 years and seperated half that time. She never smoked, drinked, partied or had men over, just my dad. He wasnt mature enough to accept the love my mom had for him. Through the years, you could tell that my dad still loved her, and when she died, part of his heart died with her :-(.

I have a handful of friends who got together young and made it work.

I met my best friend Sally in high school. At that time she was dating Sal. They had their ups and downs, but love conquered all and after over 23 years together and two kids, they made it. Its funny because whenever they had a disagreement, Sal would call me going off because Sally pissed him off for whatever reason. I would always tell him, "nobody wants y'all but y'all." I knew way back then that they loved each other and that it wasnt just a passing fad. Here they are years later and stiiiiiiiiill together. Sally's sisters also married young and their relationships stood the test of time. Nena and Ray are in their 40's. They have three adult kids and five grandkids. Lucy and Dominic are my age and has four kids between the ages of 22 & 8 (i think thats the ages) and they even renewed their marriage vows recently. Whenever I go to their family get togethers, you can feel the love they all have for their spouses and see how their families are close nit. There are adults who got married later in life who dont have the connection that my friends have and whinned up getting divorced. I get a possitive vibe from my married friends and is very happy that theyve made it. Seeing Sally and Sal, Nena and Ray and Lucy and Dominic gives me hope that MY day will come.

Congrats to the young lovers who proved that their love is true, long lasting and real.

9 comments:

As the Budda Flows said...

Amen sis...we can only pray for that to happen for us

LeeLee Aint Msbehavin' said...

One day sis... One day.

No Labels said...

Wonderful scribe...

Hey LeeLee, BTW, I love your writing style thus far and sent you a request on FB; hope you don't mind.

Thee_Kween said...

I love it! I'm such a hopeFUL romantic! :D

Reggie said...

Nice post LeeLee.

I was relatively young when I married 22 years ago. I had just graduated from college and I married my college sweetheart Kim. I was 24 and she was 20 at the time.

LeeLee Aint Msbehavin' said...

Dont mind at all. Thank you.

LeeLee Aint Msbehavin' said...

Wish my love story would have a happy ending.

LeeLee Aint Msbehavin' said...

And yall are still together

Reggie said...

The day after tomorrow will make 22 years LeeLee. Yeah, as I type this....we're still together.