Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Love & Truth Challenge Day 24: Where Do Broken Hearts Go?

Have you ever broken anyone's heart?

I did once. Looking back, I should have done things differently.

A few years ago, I persued one of the teachers at my school. He was in his mid 50's, single father raising his two young sons, all the kids at school liked him. He was a real cool cat. We ended up going out. He was trying to take things slow, but I rushed a sexual relationship. After our first night together, he told me that he hasnt been intimate with a woman in two years. He planned get togethers with us and our kids. When it looked like he was getting serious, I sabotaged everything. I didnt call him all summer. I even changed my number. When school started that fall, you can tell he was upset. I should have been a woman and told him straight out how I felt. That wasnt fair to him. I didnt feel good about the way I treated him.

3 comments:

As the Budda Flows said...

did he turn you off or something? /hopefully you have had a convo with him since then Lee. Great truth

LeeLee Aint Msbehavin' said...

Probably. We've talked and we're cool now.

No Labels said...

It's good that the two of you are cool afterwards. But sometimes, we sabotage things we aren't ready for...at times, the beast we know is better to deal with than the one we don't know.